Thursday 13 December 2012

Responding to Students’ Writing

Time to give some responds!! To be honest, at first it was so hard to give respond to their work but this is something that I'm gonna do in the future.




SOME OF THE CORRECTION

A Scary Experience.

     Last week, my friends Chase and Selina with me together go ( went to) shopping. There was a terrible thing.

     Last week Tuesday afternoon, we are buying clothes when an earthquake. Selina suddenly fainted, lying on the groud ( ground),Chase immediately ran to open place. I was trying on clothes was pressure in the wall below (hanging sentence). The confusion, Chase immediately found the rescue workers told me and Selina location, rescue workers soon found me and Selina. Chase saw me and Selina is still alive, very happy, to help the ambulance crew carried to the ambulance. We went to the hospital, a lot of people to see a doctor in the hospital.

     Chase tell (tells) Selina and me, when the time of the earthquake, do not panic, and quickly ran to the open. Selina and me learned from Chase where earthquake how to do. I think the earthquake is a very terrible thing.

also we need to create our symbol for each correction.
mine:
sp : spelling
sva : subject verb agreement
p.t : past tense
f.t : future tense
pr.t : present tense


The overall story are good. I understand what he/she are trying to say. The student got his own story-line. The organisation also good. However, he/she needs to work on how to expand and evaluate their ideas/points and stop doing the 'direct translation from the mother language' thing. Teaching them the WH-questions might help them.

1 comment: